What You'll Need:
- 20 small colorful objects
- tape or glue
- clear plastic container and lid
- uncooked rice or sand
How to Make It:
- Collect 20 small colorful objects, such as buttons, marbles, toy cars, and coins. Make a list of the items on paper.
- Tape or glue the list onto a clear plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Add a "Treasure Hunt" sign to the lid.
- Pour some uncooked rice (or sand) into the container, then add a few objects. Add more rice, then more objects. Keep alternating until the rice is an inch or two from the top.
- Put the lid on. Tape it shut, if necessary.
To Play: Find as many items as you can in one minute. (Shake the container to shift the rice.) Or, see how long it takes to find all the objects. Play alone or with a friend.
Photo by Hank Schneider