Deciding to fix a bad habit is the first step, so you’re off to a good start! Here are some ideas:
• Ask your parents and friends for help. They could give you a reminder signal, like a tap on their ear, if they hear you complain.
• When you catch yourself complaining, stop and think of five good things in your day.
• “Let out” what bugs you by writing about it in a journal instead of saying it aloud.
• Lighten your mood by writing funny stories or drawing silly cartoons about your complaints.
• If something really upsets you, calmly talk it over with your parents or other trusted adults.
Art by: Jenny Campbell