Make a Tabletop Soccer Game
- Cereal box
- Hole punch
- Drinking straws
- Aluminum foil
- Measure 3 inches from the side of a cereal box and cut off the entire side. Using cut paper, decorate the inside to look like a soccer field.
- Cut two goals by trimming the flaps at each end. Three inches from each goal, punch one hole in each side.
- Cut two 1-inch-by-9-inch strips of cardboard. Fold them in half. Place a drinking straw in the center of each, and staple the straw in place.
- Draw soccer players on cardstock and glue them onto the cardboard. Slide the straws through the holes on the sides of the field.
- Make a soccer ball from aluminum foil.
With a friend, spin the straws to make the players kick and block the ball. Try to get your soccer player to kick the ball into the opposite goal.
By: Jean Kuhn
Photo and craft sample by: Madison McClain