miscellaneous craft materials and markers to decorate
What You’ll Do
Cut the top and front off four same-size cereal boxes. Trace the long side of a cereal box on thin cardboard, making four rectangles. Optional: Paint each box.
On each rectangle, draw a line from the corner of one short side to the middle of the opposite short side. Cut out the shapes.
Tape two cereal boxes together to make the playing area. Repeat to make the base.
Use tacky glue or a low-temperature glue gun to glue the shapes in the base. Glue poster board inside the playing area. Let it dry.
Glue the playing area on top of the base. Let it dry.
Add the gutters, plunger, flippers, and back panel. See below for additional directions for these items.
Add obstacles made of craft materials. Use markers to decorate the game.
How to Play
Place a marble into the gutter. Pull back on the plunger and release it. Use the flippers to hit obstacles with the marble. Keep track of the points you earn. Using sticky notes, post your score on the back panel.
Plunger and Flippers
1. Glue three stacks of two craft sticks each.
2. Glue on a cardboard flipper or square.
3. In the walls, cut rectangular holes. Push the stacks through the lower holes.
4. Add a craft-foam handle.
5. Loop and tie rubber bands from the upper holes to the stacks.
1. Cut out two rectangles from thin cardboard.
2. Fold them in half. Glue them to the playing area.
1. Cut out a think cardboard rectangle.
2. Decorate it with markers and cardstock.
3. Glue it to the back of the game.