Before You Begin:
Adult: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 6 slices of whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- ½ cup finely grated cheddar cheese plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup cubed ham
- Use a rolling pin or your hands to flatten the bread until it’s about ¼ inch thick. Brush both sides of each slice with the melted butter.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the cheese and season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Press the buttered bread slices into a six-cup muffin tin. Divide the ham cubes among the muffin cups.
- Fill the muffin cups with the egg mixture until they are ¾ full. Sprinkle with more cheese.
- Adult: Bake for 20–25 minutes until the egg mixture is firm.
By: Pat Tanumihardja
Photo by: Guy Cali Associates, Inc.