Warm up lunchtime with this creamy soup.
- 2–3 large russet potatoes
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 3–4 scallions
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth (or enough to cover the vegetables)
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper
- Before you begin: wash, peel, and quarter the potatoes. Peel the onion. Wash the scallions and celery.
- Cut the potatoes, onions, celery, and scallions into small pieces.
- Put all the vegetables into a pot. Cover them with the chicken stock.
- When the vegetables are tender, stir in the evaporated milk.
- Adult: Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Taste the soup. Add salt and pepper as needed.
By: Laura J. Colker
Art by: Mitch Mortimer