Makes 18 muffins.
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1½ cups of mango puree or mango baby food
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 cups of flour
- ¼ cup of flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- With an adult’s help, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, yogurt, mango puree or mango baby food, vanilla extract, and the beaten egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the nutmeg, flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir this mixture into the other ingredients.
- Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups. Scoop some of the mixture into each cup (about two-thirds full). Bake them for 15 to 20 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown on top.
- Remove the muffins from the tin. Let them cool on a cooling rack, then enjoy!
By: Donna M. Boock